Root Canal Services in Melbourne
Is your tooth giving problems? Well, you surely need to seek consultation from an expert dentist in Melbourne. Root Canal is a commonly heard term in dental treatments.
Root canal treatment by Melbourne based Lincoln Dental Specialists with measuring, cleaning, filling procedures. If you have been looking for root canal treatment service Melbourne, our dentists can help you out.
Get best painless root canal treatment here with experts available in our clinic.
Root Canal MelbourneThis dental procedure is carried out when the innermost part of the tooth ‘the pulp’ becomes badly decayed or infected. If left untreated, the tooth will begin to die which could lead to the loss of the tooth. To save the tooth, the infected pulp needs to be removed to prevent the formation of an abscess. In dental terms this procedure is called ‘Endodontics’
The tooth is made up of
- Enamel – The hard outer layer of the tooth.
- Dentine – This forms the core and gives the basic shape to the tooth which supports the enamel, it is softer than enamel but harder than bone.
- Pulp – Is the central part of the tooth which contains nerves and blood vessels and lies within the root canal
The reason the pulp would die
- Caries – If caries ‘decay’ is left it will travel through the enamel and dentine down into the pulp chamber.
- Trauma – A severe knock that affects the pulp.
- Severe Gum Disease - The gum detaches itself from the tooth creating a gap between the tooth and the gum, bacteria then gets trapped causing an infection which can infect the pulp.
- Pain – This can be anything form a constant dull ache to severe pain or pain only when biting
- A spot sometimes appears on the gum in the area of the infected tooth, this is where the collection of puss from the root tip is draining which will leave a bad taste in your mouth.
- Swelling in the gum area surrounding your tooth
Root Canal Services by Lincoln Dental
Root canal is one of the general dental services and commonly performed procedures. For quick and effective root canal services, come to Lincoln Dental, the best emergency dental clinic Melbourne. Our expertise in root canal has earned us the trust and satisfaction of our patients in Melbourne. Don’t let your tooth decay progress further, visit our clinic for check-up today.