Maintaining Oral Hygiene for a Healthy Life!
We at Lincoln Dental understand that with the current lifestyle of people, it’s extremely hard to plan and think about everything and every time. That includes thinking about as little as maintaining as your oral hygiene. We are quiet confident when we say that it’s definitely not the first thing on your mind. But guess what, it’s not as little a concern as you may think it is. At times, we tend to worsen situations due to neglect and ignorance to petty issues that can be the cause of aggravated health problems in later stages of life.
Some of the common issues posed due to neglected oral hygiene are:
- Bad breath and plaque
- Risk of Diabetes
- Risk of Dementia
- Risk of gum disease
- Risk to immune health
- Loss of teeth whiteness
- Displacement of teeth from original structure
Being busy doesn’t mean that you can’t spare few minutes a day to maintain your oral hygiene and keep a check on yourself and your family. It is good to keep your family healthy and smiling. A small investment of time now can save you from shedding money and time on lengthy dental treatment procedures later on. As much as we love treating your teeth, we know that everyone dreads to visit a dentist every now and then. It can be disappointing for your little one to waste his play time sitting in a clinic.
Some handy tips for a basic healthy dental routine:
- Brushing twice a day, keeps the dentist away!
We have been emphasising on this since childhood, for a purpose. Brushing your teeth in the morning after bed and at night just before the bed is a very common routine that needs to be followed every day.
- Using appropriate brush, toothpaste, scraper etc. plays an important role in helping you with oral hygiene maintenance, so make a selection wisely.
- Do it the right way!
Using your brush properly is an important learning. Understand how it works to keep maintaining your beautiful smile.
- Take care of your brush and other equipment. It is important to replace your toothbrush when need be and keeping them clean is an important part as flies and insects pose a risk of contamination to your toothbrush.
- Floss for a flossy smile!
It is important to remove food bits from in between the teeth. A floss thread can help save you from plaque that also causes bad breath.
- Use a mouthwash twice a day to keep your breath fresh and also save your mouth from bacterial infections.
- Healthy food for a healthy life! And for a healthy mouth!
And obviously, keep your diet in check. Healthy diet and nutrition for your body means a healthy lifestyle!