What are Dental implants?
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots, just like a tooth root, which help to support a crown or bridge, it is placed into the jaw bone. Once the implants are done, the dentist can then mount replacement teeth on them.Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. Dental implants is the closest you can get to a natural healthy tooth
How do dental implants work?
Because implants fuse to your jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. Dentures and bridges mounted to implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth — an especially important benefit when eating and speaking. This secure fit helps the dentures and bridges — as well as individual crowns placed over implants — feel more natural than conventional bridges or dentures.
For some people, ordinary bridges and dentures are simply not comfortable or even possible, due to sore spots, poor ridges or gagging. In addition, ordinary bridges must be attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth. An advantage of dental implants near Donvaleis that no adjacent teeth need to be prepared or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth/teeth in place.
Posts are surgically placed Artificial teeth, grouped on a bridge, are mounted to the posts.
What are the advantages of dental implants near Donvale?
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. Because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become fixed.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within your mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants near Donvaleallow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favourite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Can anyone get dental implants?
Dentist or an Oral surgeon will do some assessments, if you are suitable for an implant.
In most cases, anyone healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or oral surgery can be considered for a dental implant. Patients should have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant. They also must be committed to good oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Heavy smokers, people suffering from uncontrolled chronic disorders — such as diabetes or heart disease — or patients who have had radiation therapy to the head/neck area need to be evaluated on an individual basis. If you are considering implants, talk to your dentist to see if they are right for you.
How painful are dental implants Near Donvale?
Most people who have received dental implants say that there is very little discomfort involved in the procedure. Local anaesthesia can be used during the procedure, and most patients report that implants involve less pain than a tooth extraction.
How do I care for dental implants?
Dental implants require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash, and regular dental check-ups.
Areas We Serve :