What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are moulded to fit your teeth. They are attached to the front of the tooth with the goal of improving its appearance. They can also be made of resin or other composite materials.
The goal of a veneer is to change the size, colour, and/or shape of your tooth. They are used most often on:
– Teeth that are discoloured from root canals, fillings, or other procedures
– Chipped or broken teeth
– Irregularly shaped teeth
– Teeth with gaps between them
– Any other dental issue that results in a loss of self confidence
Benefits of dental veneers,
1. A single way to go for multiple concerns– Dental veneers can solve more than one cosmetic problem like slight misalignment, discolouration, wearing, gaps and spaces.Veneers are a single treatment and can give you a whole new look. If you want a picture-perfect smile, veneers are something you should consider.
2. Self-confidence– A happy confident smile helps you express yourself better. Dental veneers can transform your smiles to boast your confidence and enhance your personality. You won’t have to think twice before showing off your happy confident smile
3. Minimally invasive to your natural teeth– When veneers are fitted, a thin layer of enamel is removed so the veneers can be placed appropriately at the front of your teeth. Your natural teeth remain in place and no drilling or special maintenance is required to place the veneers. The routine flossing and brushing is all what you need!
4. No Deep Stubborn Stains– The problem with teeth is that there are sometimes stubborn stains visible to the public yet not visible to us, which can affect our self-confidence. Veneers help mask these stains. Veneers can take a long time to satin, if you are cautious about the coloured food you consume. Be careful and keep smiling!
5. Choosing the right shade– The colour of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter
What is the difference between a crown and a dental veneer?
Often there is a lot of confusion between a crown and a veneer, the most important difference between the two is that a dental crown requires cutting of the natural tooth structure for it to cap or cover the tooth while a veneer is minimally invasive and requires only the enamel of the tooth to be trimmed to prevent the bulging. Dental crowns are to be considered when there are multiple other factors involved like fillings or decay. Dental crowns cover the entire portion of the visible tooth above the gum line whereas a dental veneer is usually front facing.
The first step to getting started with your dental veneers is to visit your local dentist near Templestowe for a consultation. The dentist will then access your teeth to decide if veneers are the right choice for you and answer all your questions.
If you want that dazzling smile, you are just one phone call away. Lincoln Dental offers dental veneers near Templestowe with its expertise and friendly staff can help you in the transformation to a happy confident smile.