TEETH WHITENING DENTALl SERVICES IN MELBOURNE
Tooth whitening has become one of the most popular ways to improve your smile by lightening the existing shade of your natural teeth. This is a simple and effective treatment which can be carried out by your dentist or at home. Tooth whitening is non-invasive treatment which does not involve drilling or removal of the tooth surface.
With years of experience, Lincoln Dental has become specialist in cosmetic dentistry services in Melbourne.
- Drinking tea, coffee or red wine
- Food with strong colourings
- The natural act of ageing
- A tooth which is damaged by trauma
- Some teeth are naturally pigmented or stained as they develop
- Certain medications
Expert Dentists for Teeth Whitening with Lincoln DentalOnly natural teeth respond to tooth whitening, Crowns, Bridges, Dentures or Implants cannot be whitened. If you have any query regarding teeth whitening, ask the dental experts in Melbourne – Lincoln Dental.
To schedule appointment with our teeth whitening dentist, call (03) 9850 1713.
More informationTeeth Whitening Services MelbourneThe outer surface of the tooth is called ‘Enamel’ this has tiny microscopic holes which trap everyday stains. Tooth whitening gel is a peroxide based compound which penetrates the holes removing the stains and lightening the teeth.
Your dentist will arrange for you to have a consultation appointment, where your teeth and gums will examined, you can then discuss which of the tooth whitening option would be best for you.
In Surgery WhiteningWhitening can be carried out in the surgery, this way your teeth will be several shades lighter in one to two hours. There are many methods used to achieve whiter teeth whilst in the dental chair, all the methods follow a similar procedure –
- Your gums will be protected using a rubber coating
- A Peroxide based gel will be applied to your teeth. The gel will begin to work upon contact with the tooth or will be activated using a laser light.
- After a period of time the gel and the protective coating are removed to reveal whiter teeth
Home WhiteningTeeth Whitening Melbourne Your dentist will provide you with the whitening kit which contains Custom made whitening trays and a peroxide based gel. To have the trays made
- Home whitening can take up to 14 days to achieve your desired shade.
- An impression (mould) is taken of your teeth using special dental "putty". The putty is placed into an impression tray; they are both then inserted into your mouth and pushed onto your teeth in order to take an impression. Once the dental putty is set the impression will be removed.
- The moulds are sent to the Dental Laboratory where our technician will fabricate your custom made whitening trays.
- The peroxide gel is placed into your trays the tray is then placed onto your teeth for a period of time.
To schedule an appointment for teeth whitening with our dentist and in emergency we have 24 hour dentist Melbourne, call our Melbourne clinic at 03 9850 1713.